Friday 12 November 2010

Initial Ideas, continued.

Below, I have put pictures of artists that have inspired me to chose my chosen genre. Because I am still confused as to which genre to chose, I have put pictures of three artists from each genre; Soul, Pop and Folk.

Soul:


















This is James Brown on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine. James Brown is known as the 'Godfather of Soul' and he and others (such as Motown artists) have inspired me to look at Soul and R'n'B genre. I like this cover, the colours used are dark colours such as blues and blacks. I think it makes the artist stand out and also the picture is taken from a high angle shot, making us look up at James, which I think is an effective shot to use.

Pop:



















This is Michael Jackson also on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine. Michael Jackson is known as 'The King of Pop' (or The King of Rock, Pop and Soul) and he has inspired me too look at the Pop genre. I also love this cover, and I think it would be good to use for my front cover. The colours used are bright, such as yellows to make it stand out and catch you attention. Michael's body language is leaned in towards the camera and he's looking dead into the lense, like he's looking directly at you. It's also a close up shot which is also a good shot to use on a front cover.

Folk:


















This is Leonard Cohen on the cover of MOJO. Leonard Cohen is mostly Folk genre, but also Rock/Folk Rock and he's been known as 'Rocks greatest poet'. I don't like this cover as much as the other two, although I like the pose of Leonard, how he's looking in to the camera, I don't think it stands out as much, I like the gray colour element but I think there's too much gray and that the red doesn't read well on it. This would probably be a cover I'd steer clear from and not produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment