Wednesday 10 November 2010

Initial Ideas

 I have a few initial ideas of what I would like to do for my print project.
 First of all, I like 'Motown Records' music. Although this is not a genre of music, it has an unique sound (the 'Motown Sound') about it which I like. Motown music is a mixture of Soul and R'n'B. Motown Records are no longer producing music, however current artists have elements of Motown in their music. I could do a magazine on Soul and R'n'B music, as I enjoy listening to Soul artists, such as James Brown or Michael Jackson (during the Motown era)/Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder etc. However, I would find it difficult interviewing people who would fit the criteria of the Soul and R'n'B look.
Secondly, other music genres, such as pop are genres I enjoy, especially Michael Jackson (who is a mixture of many music genres) or pop music in general. So, I could do an pop magazine, perhaps aimed at an older market, instead of younger people who would enjoy current pop music, because I enjoy older pop music.
 Thirdly, I think Folk music would be good for a magazine. My dad likes music and has played in many bands in the past and he is into Folk music, such as Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan, therefore I think he could be good to interview if I decided on a Folk magazine. Although, Folk music isn't my strong point.
 The colours and style I want the magazine to be like will depend on the genre of music I chose. For Soul and R'n'B, it will be soulful colours, neuteral colours, blacks and dark colours. For Pop, it would be bright, cheery colours, primary colours etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment