Thursday 2 December 2010

Magazine fonts.

I have asked people, from a range of ages, which font they'd like best for a magazine.
The results of the highest scored are as followed:
  • Font 5, 5 votes.
  • Font 8, 4 votes.
  • Font 6, 2 votes.
  • Font 3, 2 votes.
 Fonts 5 and 8 are the most popular. Seeing as front 5 only got one more vote than font 8, I asked a few more people to decide which they liked best 5 or 8. Number 5 was the overall favourite, so I think this would be the font I'd use for my magazine.
 I like number 5 because when you look at it, you'd think of a pop magazine, it's different to other magazine fonts and I find it very interesting. It would catch the attention of people when they're looking at magazines and also it was the majority of the people I asked favourites, so it's more likely others will like the font also.
 I'm not sure about what colours to do my font in yet.

1 comment:

  1. Think about the readability of both fonts - 8 is nice and clear with a modern rounded feel; 8 may possibly be a bit harder to read because of the bars??? How does 8 suggest "pop"? what image does it create??May be worth typing both out at masthead size and seeing what they look like from a distance. Any ideas about colour?

    ReplyDelete