Wednesday 15 December 2010

Re-worked magazine article.

“IT'S ALL A BIT CRAZY, ISN'T IT?”
 Princess of Pop, AMY GOULDSBROUGH, speaks exclusively to Pop Life. We catch up with the rising star as she discusses her new album, Katy Perry and Hollywood…
 After the enormous success of her last album, and a year away from the spot light, she’s back! back with a bang! Not only is the album’s debut single, Bearded Kittens, racing towards the Number One spot, Amy has just signed a £50million contract deal with Sony Records.
 Mild-mannered and shy don’t seem like the typical words to describe a pop star, but that’s exactly what she is. As she sits in her room, surrounded by pink walls plastered with band posters, she looks every bit the normal teenager, except she’s anything but. She’s the girl who has achieved 3 consecutive Number Ones and has had her album at Number One in the charts for 16 weeks straight- at just 16! “It’s all a bit crazy, isn’t it?” blue-eyed Amy smiles. “I never thought I’d be here; the amount of success I’ve had is amazing. I’m really lucky.”
 Lucky, indeed! Only last year she was living in a semi-detached house in North West England, now it’s all about fancy restaurants, expensive shopping trips and luxurious holidays. But don’t think she’s not thankful for everything she’s received. “I think it’s important not to forget your roots, you know, who brought you here. I don’t think I would be where I am without the love and support I’ve gotten from my family and friends. I’m definitely living the dream now, though!”
  Amy may be relatively new to the music scene, but it doesn’t mean the rumours haven’t started. “Yeah I’ve had a lot of bad press from the media lately. (The MTV awards incident with Miley Cyrus) I don’t want to go in to it, but, you know, I just want everyone who reads Pop Life to know that you shouldn’t believe everything you read in the tabloid newspapers. That stuff’s kinda hurtful," Amy sighs with a heavy heart. Not that  bad press has ever stopped her. Her last album, Be Not Always, reached Number One and stayed there for 16 weeks, with three singles Be Not Always, Dance Nation and Get Down (On the Floor) all reaching Number One, all highly impressive for a début album.
 Her last album produced up-beat, 70s-styled-disco, mixed with a modern pop sound; however, her latest album is a far cry from her previous one. “I wanted to do something different. Push the boundaries. It’s more…fun in comparison to my first album. The world’s a bit crap at the moment. I just wanna inject some fun and life in to it. Don’t take life too seriously.” She adds, “Hopefully, it’ll be more successful as my last.”
 Well, with the first single, Bearded Kittens, well on its way to Number One, it’s looking that way and it’s been given good reviews from critics, with one claiming it’s “going to be the album of the decade” and another saying “she’s a new, young Beyoncé.” Big stars such as Katy Perry, Take That and will.i.am have all said they would love to collaborate with Amy, hailing her as “the next big thing.” The young star beams, “I’d love to work with Katy! She’s one of the reasons why I got into music.”
 It seems like it’s all good news for Amy. Reports claim she has been offered a role in a big Hollywood film. Amy shyly turns her head away and says she can’t discuss that. Whether she’s going to Hollywood or not, all we know is that her first priority is still her music, “I’m very passionate about music, it’s what makes me tick and I hope I’ll be around for a very long time.”
 All we can say is that we think she’s a new pop legend in the making.


This is my second version of the article. I have changed some things such as grammar and sentencing. The re-drafted article is often better than the original because it has been checked over for any mistakes in spelling or grammar and it reads and flows better. This makes it more sound professional and easily and enjoyable to read.

2 comments:

  1. This reads very well, Phoebe - I've put the heading in bold to make it clear what it is and just tweaked the odd bit of punctuation. Hope this is okay! Have you any thoughts about whether you want a sub-heading and any text grabs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On second thoughts, your first sentence acts as a sub-heading, so you probably don't need anything else. Maybe you could put a short comment at the end stating what you have changed and why - what makes the redraft better than the first draft?

    ReplyDelete