Tuesday 7 December 2010

Moodboard


 This is a moodboard I did showing my ideas I have for my magazine. My moodboard shows the colours which I think would be good to use in my magazine, colours such as; reds, blues, pinks and yellows etc.
 I have also put on some artists which would be the type of artists featured in my magazine because they are pop artists. They range from classic pop artists to current pop artists, people such as; Michael Jackson, Katy Perry, Queen and Beyonce etc.
 I have put on some tag lines which I think I could use for my magazine under my heading, 'life ain't real funky unless it's got that pop' which comes from the song Pop Life by Prince. Also, there is 'Don't stop til you get enough pop' which is a play on words from the Michael Jackson song Don't stop til you get enough.' I think these would be good tag lines to use as they suggest that my magazine would cover all aspects of pop music and also they are imperative mood sentences which are commands. I think it's important to have an imperative mood sentence somewhere on your magazine as you are telling the audience how to act, but in a subtle way.

 There is text on their showing different forms of font which would be nice to use in my magazine. The word 'flirty' is in a pink, curly and girly writing. Using that text would appeal to girls, which are the main  audience for my magazine. Also, words like 'films/dvds...' and 'billboard' are all modern looking fonts. These types of fonts are good to use because they would appeal to the younger generation such as teenagers. This also shows the type of music featured in my magazine; current pop. And fonts like 'top of the pops' and 'pop life' are more retro which would appeal to an older teenage market and it also shows the classic pop side of my magazine.

  I have put some TV shows on my moodboard; 'X-Factor' 'Top of the Pops' and 'Big top 40: music chart show' I think these shows would be the type of shows the audience of my magazine would watch. They're all music shows and they play a range of music genres, mostly pop though. The 'Big top 40' play current pop music as it shows who are in the charts that week. And although 'Top of the pops' is no longer going they shows repeats of the programme regularly, which show more classic pop music.


 My moodboard will help be to determine what my audience would be interested in, what colours to use, which artists to mention etc. I will use it as a guide when producing my magazine and also it is a quick look at the contents of my magazine.

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Phoebe - a good moodboard, nicely reflected on - remember to use it now, when you create your pages!

    ReplyDelete